From the very initiation of Diocese of Kanjiraplly in 1977 it has been working for the upliftment of poor and downtrodden people through its charitable interventions.
The diocese made its first attempt to bring disabled persons to the mainstream of the society with the establishment of Asha Nilayam Special School for Mentally Challenged Children at Ponkunnam in 1979. Later in course of time, there occurred significant contributions for the benefits of persons with various disabilities, old age, abandoned children, unwedded mothers and education of poor children. For almost three decades there emerged mental health institutions, old age homes, special schools, home for children and women and so on. “WE CARE CENTRE” is a mother organization to manage the functioning of various charitable initiatives of diocese. Thus in the year 2005 the like-minded people planned to form and register the society under the societies registration act 1955.
To help the helpless, enhance the dignity of the underprivileged.
‘WE CARE CENTRE’ is committed to uplifting the poor, the downtrodden, the differently-abled, the forsaken and the abandoned by providing physical, psychological, economic and social support to ensure that men and women enjoy basic dignity as human beings and can gradually integrate into the mainstream of society.
A general body consist of 9 members manages the activities of We Care Centre.
We Care Centre
- Penuel Ashram: PRC for men
- Bethelham Bhavan: PRC for Men
- Emmanuel Ashram:
De- addiction Counselling & Rehabilitation
- DARE: De Addiction Centre
- Sanjose : Home for Boys
Rain water harvesting
Self help group
- Nalla Samaryan Ashram: PRC for women.
- Bethlehem Ashram: for mother and child
- St. Gianna Bhavan: Home for girls
- Asha Deepam: Special school for HI&VI
- Asha Nilayam: Special school for ID
- Asha Home: for Girls with ID
- Maria Bhavan: PRC for women
- Asha Kiran: Home for boys with ID
- Ashwas: VTC for adults with ID
- Ashwas Agro Farm School for ID
- Home of peace: Home for physically Challenged
- Angels’ Home: Family cottage for Children with ID
and their parents
- Angels’ shop: shopping complex by Children with ID
and their parents
- Asha Nikethan:Home for adults with ID
Home for boys 4
Home for Girls 8
Home for the Mentally and Physically Challenged 2
Home for the Mentally Sick 4
Home for Aged and homeless 14
Home for Alcoholic Addicts 1
Home for Palliative 2
Shelter homes 2
Special Schools 5
NANMA – Medical help
Training program for managers and care givers